Share My Coach - Unreliable RV rental.

8 of 13 Share My Coach reviews

This place was recommended by a friend who only used their services once. I was very excited to rent an RV and selected a coach size. I paid for the RV way in advance and everytime I would call with a question, I was told about a new fee.

I wasn't happy about it but I went along. I paid everything in full and at time of pick up, I was yet told about a $2500 deposit. That was never mentioned to me, nor was it in my contract. One new thing after another. Very annoying.

Fine, I gave them a copy of my credit card to have on file. In addition, I chose to purchase the insurance for the RV through them, which was $210 for 6 days.

At time of pick up, one of the guys (can't recall his name) quickly reviewed the RV with us and tested the water and generator for no more then 10 seconds. Well, of course it worked. I specifically asked the guy, 5 TIMES, if the water tank is full as I didn't want to have any issues with brushing my teeth or take a shower. He assured me that they did.

Once we left the parking lot and arrived our destination, we had nothing but problems with the RV.

1. I wanted to take a shower and the tank was empty.

2. I turned on the generator to make coffee and the alarm inside the RV kept going off. Something about fumes inside the RV.

3. Generator worked on and off. Didn't always work.

4. When the generator worked, the inside of the RV smelled like propane. And yes, the windows were closed.

5. I filled the water tank twice in the 3 days that I camped. I didn't even wash the dishes inside. Just took shower, to only discover that the water tank was leaking.

I finally just had enough of the RV and cut my vacation short so I returned the RV one day early. I requested the one day refund and yet, 7 days later I have not heard from the owner of Share My Coach.

Furthermore, when we drove to the mountain, the tree branches touched the RV so some marks were left on the RV, which came off when we wiped it.

After 6 calls, I finally spoke with the owner (Joe) who told me that they want to investigate if the marks were there already there and then he will refund me the one day early return. I told him I already purchased insurance through them. However, his response was that there is a $2500 deductible to the insurance.

WHAT?!?!?!? No one told me that when I paid for the insurance, nor again, did receive any papers on my contract stating that.

I can go on and on about the service I received with them. VERY POOR AND THEY TALK TOO MUCH ABOUT WHAT CAN GO WRONG WITH THE RV INSTEAD OF ADMITTING THAT THE RV WE GOT WAS NOT THOROUGHLY INSPECTED, NOR CLEAN.

Did I mention they charged me $75 for cleaning!!! When I picked up the RV, the guy stated that they didn't have enough time to clean the RV well because someone else had it before us.

I should have gone to El Monte RV rental. I will NEVER use ShareMyCoach. Don't be fooled by their friendly personality. They are FULL OF IT!!!

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY THERE.

This is just a little piece of my issues with them.

My children hated the experience we had with this RV.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
8 of 13 Share My Coach reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
happymeduza

Jul 15, 2014 #841005 Whittier, California, United States

I have been calling the business pertaining to my refund. No return calls. I finally called again this morning and I spoke with the owner's wife, at which time I was so angry that I told her I'm sick and tired of waiting for a call back and I called them "thieves, liars, cheaters". She hung up on me.
I called back and spoke with Mark Lund who has been nice. I could hear her on the phone being a smart *** about my questions. She claims that she found my paperwork and some refund was issued yesterday. When I asked how much, she than claimed she doesn't know because the owner is not in.
WHICH ONE IS IT?!?? SHE'S SUCH A LIAR AND I WAS RIGHT!!! THEY ARE THIEVES!!!!

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Share My Coach. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Share My Coach.
Filing a new complaint about
×