This place was recommended by a friend who only used their services once. I was very excited to rent an RV and selected a coach size. I paid for the RV way in advance and everytime I would call with a question, I was told about a new fee.
I wasn't happy about it but I went along. I paid everything in full and at time of pick up, I was yet told about a $2500 deposit. That was never mentioned to me, nor was it in my contract. One new thing after another. Very annoying.
Fine, I gave them a copy of my credit card to have on file. In addition, I chose to purchase the insurance for the RV through them, which was $210 for 6 days.
At time of pick up, one of the guys (can't recall his name) quickly reviewed the RV with us and tested the water and generator for no more then 10 seconds. Well, of course it worked. I specifically asked the guy, 5 TIMES, if the water tank is full as I didn't want to have any issues with brushing my teeth or take a shower. He assured me that they did.
Once we left the parking lot and arrived our destination, we had nothing but problems with the RV.
1. I wanted to take a shower and the tank was empty.
2. I turned on the generator to make coffee and the alarm inside the RV kept going off. Something about fumes inside the RV.
3. Generator worked on and off. Didn't always work.
4. When the generator worked, the inside of the RV smelled like propane. And yes, the windows were closed.
5. I filled the water tank twice in the 3 days that I camped. I didn't even wash the dishes inside. Just took shower, to only discover that the water tank was leaking.
I finally just had enough of the RV and cut my vacation short so I returned the RV one day early. I requested the one day refund and yet, 7 days later I have not heard from the owner of Share My Coach.
Furthermore, when we drove to the mountain, the tree branches touched the RV so some marks were left on the RV, which came off when we wiped it.
After 6 calls, I finally spoke with the owner (Joe) who told me that they want to investigate if the marks were there already there and then he will refund me the one day early return. I told him I already purchased insurance through them. However, his response was that there is a $2500 deductible to the insurance.
WHAT?!?!?!? No one told me that when I paid for the insurance, nor again, did receive any papers on my contract stating that.
I can go on and on about the service I received with them. VERY POOR AND THEY TALK TOO MUCH ABOUT WHAT CAN GO WRONG WITH THE RV INSTEAD OF ADMITTING THAT THE RV WE GOT WAS NOT THOROUGHLY INSPECTED, NOR CLEAN.
Did I mention they charged me $75 for cleaning!!! When I picked up the RV, the guy stated that they didn't have enough time to clean the RV well because someone else had it before us.
I should have gone to El Monte RV rental. I will NEVER use ShareMyCoach. Don't be fooled by their friendly personality. They are FULL OF IT!!!
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY THERE.
This is just a little piece of my issues with them.
My children hated the experience we had with this RV.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Rv Rental
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "The car being hired was given to us in the dark and wet, when we returned it the person checked it and said the drivers door was damaged, there was..."
- "First off i'm a 17 year old guy. I have a 2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT and needed tires badly, I have a friend who referred me to "Rent a Wheel"..."
- "I rented a car through Relayrides for a quick 2-day trip, and I've been dealing with Relayrides for almost a month now for the damages I didn't cause, and they're..."
- "I purchased Martha Stewart Living kitchen cabinets with Home Depot in Atascadero, CA in May 2014. The upper cabinets were white high gloss laminate called "Picket Fence". The original..."
- "Ordered three jackets from rosegal.com and two were delivered, still waiting on the third. The quality is mind-blowingly horrible, and the fabric is atrocious. The jackets even SMELL carcinogenic. The..."
- "My wife and I recently paid $5,000 in cash to Marlena Martin and she promised my wife a title. However someone else was crowned. My wife and I tried to..."
- " I ordered a frame that looked okay online in July of 2016. The first frame had a scratch on the rim. Returned it. It just sat..."
- "All seams on the chair the dye is all coming off to an ugly white colored leather underneath. Barely any use to the chair. I contacted Slumberland and they said..."
- "Airbnb is in the middle of a security crisis they have been "hacked" from. Airbnb's "Trust and Safety Team", is swamped with listings that have been high-jacked. I am host..."